Gelligaer Surgery

01443 875333

Sick certificates / FIT notes

You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness. Employers requesting doctors notes for shorter periods will be denied this – it is not necessary and is so stated by the Inland Revenue. The practice will provide copies of the reasoning should your employer need it.

If you are requesting a continuation sick note please ring before 11am on the day that it is due and the receptionist will assist you.

FIT notes are no longer issued. You are able return to work even if you have a sick note which is still active.